WIEF Young Fellows 2017
WIEF Young Fellows, a flagship international leadership programme of WIEF, focusing on youth leadership and business. Held in the historic city of Malacca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this year’s programme on 30 April – 6 May 2017, bears the theme ‘Unlocking the Business of Heritage and Culture”, focusing specifically on how the preservation of heritage and culture, can indeed bring about tremendous business potential to an area or city.
Event Name: Young Fellows 2017
Date : 30th April – 6th May 2017
Venue : Melaka, Malaysia
Fee : USD 200
Theme : Unlocking the Business of Heritage & Culture
To Register : https://form.jotform.me/70461075751454
Programme : Young Fellows 2017 Programme
ABOUT YOUNG FELLOWS
WIEF Young Fellows is a yearly flagship programme under the WIEF Foundation, dealing with youth business and leadership. It is a holistic leadership programme, focusing on immersive learning for young change-makers between 20-30 years old from all parts of the world.
With the philosophy of “Learn. Empower. Earn. Return” the programme seeks to train leaders with top class mentality who gives back to society. So in the programme, we only focus on 1 day of classroom learning and the rest is all experiential, where you are exposed to knowledge on what you hear, touch and see. With a purpose of creating a leaders who give back to society, we normally end the programme with a humanistic touch, where we bring these leaders to work with disabled children, orphans, old abandoned people and so on.
However, the highlight is actually the Programme Challenge, where you get to practice exactly what you learn in the programme. This year the Young Fellows will experience organising a ticket-based heritage event for local participants and international visitors in Melaka, with guidance and support from the local government.
OUR FEE & WHAT DO YOU GET?
The 6-days Young Fellows programme only cost USD 200 only. The fee is inclusive of the following;-
- Accommodation in Puri Hotel, an award-winning heritage boutique hotel in Malacca
- Food & Beverages throughout the whole programme
- Intimate conversation with CEOs, community leaders and innovators
- Heritage immersion with gamified learning, through engaging heritage houses, museums, shops, restaurants and art houses
- Free training by industry experts on project management and the opportunity to organize a real-time heritage event during the programme
- Programme booklet & training items relevant to the programme
- Land Transportation (bus only) on 1st May till 6th May 2017
- Bus Ride to Malacca from Kuala Lumpur (1st May)
- Bus Ride to Kuala Lumpur from Melaka (6th May)
What a participant needs to pay would be the Young Fellows fees of USD200, return flight to Kuala Lumpur (if residing outside Kuala Lumpur) from your home country or any country you will be flying from and the return transportations between Kuala Lumpur Airport to the designated meeting point in Kuala Lumpur.
OUR PAST STORIES
In Manila 2014, the young fellows compete with each other in selling high-quality social enterprise goods at a downtown marketplace in Manila. In Cordoba 2015, the challenge involves competing groups coming up with the best digital viral campaign. In Singapore 2016, the challenge was a hackathon on some of the sustainable development goals ratified by the United Nations. In Malacca this year, the challenge involves organising a ticket-based heritage event for the local people and international visitors. Here is a sneak peek of past events:
· WIEF Young Fellows 2014 in Manila - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpVaiyNBvk
· WIEF Young Fellows 2015 in Cordoba - https://vimeo.com/127240831
If you have any other questions, do feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.